Are you using Twitter for your business? Maybe the time for Twitter is now if you consider some of the trends on this popular social media platform:
- Twitter has momentum. Revenue jumped 124 percent in the latest quarter, and it "beat the Street" estimates for user growth.
- Twitter shined during the World Cup, owning the online conversation for the planet's biggest sporting event.
- It appears that Twitter is preparing a "buy now" button.
In our new Marketing Companion podcast, Tom Webster and I dissect the economics of Twitter for business and demonstrate why this might be the best time to integrate Twitter into your marketing plans. Some of the podcast highlights:
- How Twitter is giving a free advertising bonus most businesses don't know about.
- How to use Lead Generation Cards as a free business-building tool.
- Twitter has become the de facto "second screen" for television -- what does this mean to the value of Twitter for business?
- Although only 16 percent of adult Americans have active accounts, more than three times that number actively see tweets or watch a Twitter stream without logging in -- a "ghost audience" for businesses that does not show up in the numbers.
- Why analysts should not keep lumping Twitter in with Facebook and LinkedIn
- Businesses are overlooking powerful free research capabilities -- we provide a real example and look at the three levels of free Twitter search
- The meaning of Twitter for personal networking
Both Tom and I agree on this one -- this is an excellent time for businesses to look at Twitter as a research, advertising, and networking platform, Ready to check out the podcast?
Resources mentioned in this podcast
The book The Tao of Twitter, Revised and Expanded New Edition: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time Songza, a curated music channel Christel Quek of Twitter Jay Baer's book Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype